Wednesday 22 December 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Mom and I flew up to New York early on Thursday morning to spend the holiday with Grandad, he’s going to meet us at the airport to take us on to his house, and my Uncle Robert is going to be there as well. It’ll be really wonderful all of us being together again, it seems so long since we were all in the same place, and I’m looking forward to it. We’ll have to come back on Sunday evening for work next week, but it gives us four days together.


Macy’s Parade

As usual, when we spend Thanksgiving with Grandad, we go and watch Macy’s parade when we arrive, before going on to Grandad’s house. In order to get a good viewing spot, many people arrive before 6:30 a.m. the morning of the parade to stake out space along the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade route, but Grandad knows a couple of shortcuts from the subway exit that bring us out of an alleyway, just at the back of the crowd. If we’re patient, there are usually quite a few opportunities to work our way to the front as people change places. We always make sure to wear plenty of warm clothes when visiting at this time of year, and Grandad brings a thermos full of coffee, and another with hot cocoa, as it can be quite cold at the parade. I got some great pictures, and posted them on my Flickr site HERE.


Preparing Dinner

We stayed for a couple of hours, then when the parade finished we made our way back to the car. Grandad’s house smelled gorgeous when we got back there, he’s had the turkey cooking on low for ages, so we dropped our bags in our rooms, took off our big coats, and joined everyone else in the kitchen to help prepare the vegetables, and other trimmings for dinner. It’s great fun being together like this, working and chatting, and Grandad always let’s me have a glass of wine as well, which is not much in itself, now that I’m 21, but it’s always been like this as long as I can remember. This is what being a family means, Grandad always says, sharing in everything, the rewards, as well as the work, so anyone that helps prepare dinner deserves some wine. I must have been about 5 years old when I first remember having a glass of wine with them, though Grandad has told me that even before that I would be allowed a sip from his glass when I helped set the table. Mind you, my glass usually contained soda; with about a teaspoonful of wine, when I was really young, then as I grew up the portion of wine increased each year, till now there was no soda in it at all. Grandad still teases me though, and always asks if I want a glass of soda with them.

While the rest of the dinner cooked, we all went into the lounge to catch up on the latest news, how everyone was doing, how much we missed each other, and stories from the past. Mom always tried to embarrass me with tales of how I spent most of my childhood taking my clothes off when I was playing, and I dutifully acted embarrassed, though it has always excited me rather than shamed me, to have these two men discuss my nudity with Mom. Uncle Robert always rescued me though, by telling similar stories about how many times Mom had been naked when she was growing up.

The best stories though, were family holidays, and the wonderful times we would all enjoy together.


Dinner was wonderful, as always, Grandad is a really good cook, but of course the veggies were just as expertly prepared. By the time we had eaten till we nearly burst, it was early evening, and we moved to the lounge again, relaxing in comfy chairs with a small glass of Sherry for the ladies, and a Brandy for the gentlemen. We chatted for a while about the things we were thankful for, as we always do after Thanksgiving dinner, and I steered the comments round to how much I appreciated being brought up in a family that had helped me make good decisions about the important things in my life, and still gave that same help even now. Grandad thanked me for my compliment, but added that I was now 21 years old, and quite capable of making decisions without any help, but he could see that I was concerned about something. I sat up in my chair, explaining that I had a very delicate matter to discuss with everyone, and I would greatly appreciate their patience while I put it before them. Grandad and Uncle Robert nodded their assent, and Mom looked more apprehensive than I’d ever seen her.

I took a deep breath, and then started to explain that during my last visit to my MD, she raised the question concerning what I was going to do about my virginity, since I was now 21 years old, and we had talked over all the different aspects that needed to be considered.


After I had discussed all these issues with Mom, we agreed what we would like to do, but that we should also talk them over with Grandad and Uncle Robert, when we visited them this weekend, as both of us greatly valued their advice, even though the decision had already been made.

Mom and I agreed that we would ask Dr Forrest to perform a hymenectomy on me, as she had suggested, where my cherry would be given a series of holes to weaken it, like a piece of perforated paper. I would then surrender my virginity to my lovely Mom, and she will be able to achieve a proper penetration with a strap-on dildo that would sucessfully take my cherry.

We intend to ring Dr Forrest as soon as we get back from Grandad’s, in order to make the necessary arrangements for it to be done.


When I had finished my explanation, I asked Grandad if he thought it was a good idea, then sat nervously as he seemed to mull things over for a short while. His first question was wether I was absolutely positive that I was ready to give up my virginity, and I assured him that after much thought about the subject I was certain it was what I wanted to do. He reminded me that sexual matters were not a usual topic for discussion, especially with young ladies present, then asked me if I was sure that I wanted to enter into this type of conversation, to which I assured him that I was.

Grandad wanted to know why I didn’t want to give my virginity to some boy that I was dating, rather than my Mom, though he never raised any objection to my choice, but added that this was usually given as a gift when getting married. I explained that none of the men I knew were worth getting married to, then he had me explain how many boys I’d dated, what I liked and disliked most about them, finally leading me to explain my sexual involvement with them. I’d never had such an intimate conversation with Grandad before, and he pushed for more and more details, even asking for Uncle Robert’s view on my comments, as well as bringing Mom in to explain if she knew about my sexual activity. I felt very proud that Mom backed me up, telling Grandad that we would often discuss my dates, and she was satisfied that I usually made the right decisions, and I was very mature in my relationships with boys. Grandad was much calmer than I’d expected him to be, based on how he reacted when we usually visited, or when he came over to our house, and I couldn’t help mentioning how relieved I was that it was going so well. Grandad explained that I was 21 years old now, and obviously quite capable of making good decisions, although they weren’t necessarily what he would have chosen, but I seemed to have thought them through. He was confident that I would accept the concequences of my actions, and in this day and age he was sure they would not bring any reproach on myself, or the family.

He raised the issue of my relationship with Mom being incestuous, and how we would stand legally, so I explained the research I’d done, and that we were quite safe at home, and also here at his house in New Jersey. He commended me on my thoroughness, adding that he would have expected no less from someone as clever as he’d always known his grandaughter to be.

Uncle Robert said he’d noticed that Mom had put an emphasis on the word “boys”, when talking about my love life, and he wondered if there were other relationships that had not been mentioned, and he turned to me with that look on his face which says he can see right through me.

I admitted that I’d had several intimate friendships with girls as well, once more having to provide all of the same details I had earlier, including my sexual activities with them, which were actually more extensive than I’d had with my boyfriends. This part of the conversation was even more nerve wracking for me, since both Grandad and Uncle Robert had never taken a supportive view before when lesbians had been mentioned on the TV, or in conversation. Grandad asked wether I’d given any consideration to letting one of my girls take my virginity, but I assured him that, while I had liked them very much, none of my girlfriends were suitable.

Grandad said that he was quite satisfied that I had indeed thought the whole matter through in great depth, including my Mom in my deliberations, as well as considering the many consequences of my actions, and finally seeking advice from the rest of the family. In view of this he would be happy to support my decision, then he turned to ask Uncle Robert what he thought of it all. He was also very willing to support me, especially since I had demonstrated such a mature attitude towards the whole situation, and he wished me every success and happiness for the future.

I jumped up and hugged both of them, thanking them for their understanding, and their love. Standing in the middle of the room, I admitted that Mom and I had both been very nervous about broaching such a delicate subject, but we respected both of them so much that we thought they deserved to know. Mom stood up to second my comments, adding that she really appreciated her Dad’s patience, and consideration for us, especially since she knew that this sort of thing was not usually considered a suitable topic of conversation.

Grandad and Uncle Robert were also standing now, and we had a lovely group hug, all of us openly expressing our deep love for each other. Grandad said he was glad we’d shared this with the family, and it just went to show what Thanksgiving was all about. Since it was now quite late, we all turned in for the night, and Mom spent a few minutes in my room while we agreed how unexpectedly well the whole evening had seemed to go, then she gave me a goodnight kiss, and went to her own room.


:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment