Wednesday 22 December 2010

Breaking New Ground

This post is a continuation of an earlier one, Thanksgiving 2010, which you might like to read first, for the sake of continuity.

Because the next day, Friday, was also a holiday, we had a nice lazy day planned, with a bit of a lie in, since Thanksgiving was always a busy day, what with the travelling, and the cooking, but we were all up by nine. Grandad had turned the heating up, which he always did when Mom or I visited, because we were used to Florida temperatures. Grandad always said we were delicate hot-house plants, and needed to be carefully nurtured. Mom was wearing a pale blue satin nightie, which showed the outline of her nipples, and the fact that she was obviously braless, also her pantie line, where the ruffled lace edges clearly showed through the satin. I had put on my Victoria Secret babydoll in cream, sheer nylon, with lace panels and trim, a tiny g-string that hardly covered my butt, and a narrow front section that was cutting deep into my slit. In a reasonable indoor light the outfit was fairly modest, but the strong kitchen lights made my nightie much more see through. While we sat on the high stools at the breakfast bar, drinking coffee, chatting about general things, Grandad and Uncle Robert were looking us over for a while. Grandad said that he’d been really pleased with our behaviour yesterday, becaused it showed a level of maturity, and self reliance that was to be commended. He’d been additionally impressed that we had also chosen to seek his advice on a very delicate, personal matter, even though we weren’t part of this household, but had been independent for quite some time. I told him that I’d wanted to get his male view on the situation, since Mom and I both had a much more emotional response to things, whereas a man is much more logical and reasoning. Then added as an afterthought, and more used to taking control of things. :-)


Mom said that she valued his experience, and had always appreciated his direction, even when she didn’t always agree with the stand he took, or even understand it sometimes. I could see Mom’s body language changing as she spoke so openly to her Dad, and I knew her nerves were starting to get the better of her, so I stepped in. I admitted that we had been very hesitant to broach the subject at first, but thought it was important enough to take the risk.

“What risk?” asked Grandad, and Uncle Robert added, “Did you think we were going to bite your head off?”

Mom reached out and took Grandad’s hand, “As long as I’ve known, sexual matters have never been a suitable topic of conversation in this house, and they usually resulted in me getting into trouble for something.”

I could see Grandad’s face drop, and a hurt expression come into his eyes.

“But Shelly my love, you’ve always been free to talk to me about anything,” he said, “you only had to ask.”

“Anything but sex, Dad,” my Mom replied, “you never talked of how I felt about sex.”

“It wasn’t easy for me to bring you up on my own,” he explained, “especially such a beautiful young girl as you were, so innocent and vulnerable. I had to protect you, to teach you what was the right and proper thing do. I wanted you to grow up into a daughter I could be proud of, and that’s exactly what you have become. Not only that, but you’ve also given me a grandaughter every bit as wonderful as her Mom.”

Mom burst into tears, took hold of Grandad’s other hand as well, and now looked up from the floor where her gaze had been fixed as she struggled to confront her biggest complaint against her own father. “I know it wasn’t easy for you, Dad, and I didn’t always help,” she admitted, “but what I really needed was your help with my feelings, my emotions. I needed to be taught what was right and wrong, I’ll agree, and you did a wonderful job of that, for which I’m more grateful than you’ll ever know. However, I could never talk to you about my feelings, what was going on inside me, even though I tried, because you always came back to right and wrong, and I was usually in the wrong.”

Grandad, who could see the hurt on Mom’s face, said, “I’m so sorry, Precious, I didn’t realise, please forgive me,” and he pulled her gently into an embrace, wrapping her up in his big arms.

When they had hugged for a while, Grandad eased back, just a little, and reassured Mom, “From now on there are to be no restrictions on what you ask me, anything at all. OK, my little one?”

Mom looked up and kissed him, “Yes Dad, and thank you so much.”

That doesn’t mean I’ll be able to give you a good answer though,” he added, “I’m still not the world’s best at discussing sex with ladies, especially from their point of view.”

“Don’t worry, Dad, I wouldn’t expect you to be perfect without more practice,” Mom told him, and her tone was a lot lighter now, “and I appreciate just how difficult it is for most men to understand a woman’s emotional needs.”

Grandad gave her a kiss, and a hug, then asked if we were going to get dressed now that breakfast was over.

A very cheeky idea suddenly occured to me, and I stood up, gave a twirl that lifted the hem of my nightie as I spun, then said, “But Grandad, we are dressed, aren’t we Mom?” and I waved her to twirl as well, which she did, even though she didn’t look completely comfortable with doing it. “Knowing your views on underdressed ladies, we put on our best nighties especially for you and Uncle Robert, at home when it’s a holiday we would wear this till at least lunchtime.” Mom’s face was a picture of mixed emotions, shock that I was acting so brazen, amusement because I was being so light hearted about it, and a tinge of fear in case Grandad reacted badly.

He didn’t though, bless him, he just held out his hands in all innocence, and explained, “Katie, my dear, the house dress code is there to protect the modesty of you young ladies, as are most of these rules. You’ve aways known that, even though you do try to push them more than your Mom ever did, when she was young.”

“That’s because I’m a new, liberated woman, Grandad, and I don’t feel that my modesty is under any threat from the people I love the most. You and Uncle Robert wouldn’t do anything to harm Mom or me, would you?” Grandad shook his head, then assured me that he would never allow anyone to hurt either of us, and all he wanted was to make us happy. This was the answer that I was trying to draw out of him. All the hours I’d spent watching the attorneys at the office, when they went into court, had been good negotiation training for me.

This was the crunch time, so I took my courage, and a deep breath, “What do you think would make Mom and I happy Grandad, with clothing for example, what would we feel comfortable wearing?”

I could see him weighing up his answer, “Well, slacks and a jumper, I would expect, since it’s quite cool this time of year.” Which was just the sort of reply I had expected.

I gave another twirl, “Don’t you think I look nice in this outfit, it’s comfortable, and really pretty, even warm enough with the heating turned up like this.”

“But it’s it’s hardly suitable Katie, is it now?” was his reply.

I now had to take the next step to steer Grandad towards what Mom and I really wanted to know.

“Grandad, you just told Mom that we could ask you anything we wanted, with no restrictions, and please don’t think that I’m being disrespectful in any way, but I didn’t ask if my attire was suitable. What I wanted was your honest opinion as to wether I looked nice. I know this isn’t suitable to go to the mall, or anything, but in the privacy of your home, do you, and Uncle Robert, think that I look attractive dressed in just my nightie.”

“Of course I do,” he answered, “you’re beautiful, so stop fishing for compliments young lady.”

It was so hard not to jump in the air, shouting ‘Yesssss!’, but I had to handle this just right, so I thanked him, adding “I’m not really fishing Grandad, but what we girls enjoy more than anything is being told we’re pretty, even though we already know, since we put so much time into getting ready. So if you really want to make Mom and I happy, tell us when you like what we wear. So what do you two guys think of Mom’s outfit then.” Both of them imediately agreed that Mom was also very attractive, Uncle Robert was especially enthusiastic, so I pressed my advantage, hoping that I was not pushing too far, too fast.

“Grandad, if you two both think that we girls look charming, why did you assume we would rather wear slacks and a jumper. I don’t understand.”

“Well, those clothes are a bit provacative, aren’t they,” he answered, “you could easily get us guys quite worked up walking round dressed like that.”

“Do you mean that, Grandad,” I jumped in, “do you and Uncle Robert really find us sexy.” and I gave him my biggest, happiest smile, hoping it would melt his defences, backing it up by taking his hand, and rubbing my thumb across the back of his knuckles.

As I looked at him, still wearing my best smile, I could see him struggling to answer, and slowly my expression began to change, disappointment creeping in, as I was now sure that I’d blown it. I’d put too much pressure on him, and he wasn’t going to open up to us.

“Katie, my little angel,” he started to say, hesitating for a few seconds, “of course I think you and your Mom are sexy, what man wouldn’t, unless he were already dead. You both possess the most gorgeous bodies I have ever seen, and you always dress to display your charms perfectly, but the problem is, I shouldn’t be attracted to you. You are family, and there are laws against this sort of thing for your protection.”

“He’s right, you know,” Uncle Robert joined in, “do you know what would happen to us if we gave in, and actually touched either of you. The cops would have us locked up so fast our feet wouldn’t touch the ground. Is that what you want to happen?”

“No, of course not,” I replied, “but those laws are designed to protect minors from being abused by people in authority, from being forced to do something they don’t want.” I now turned to Granddad, “That doesn’t apply in our situation because we don’t live with you now, so you no longer hold a position of authority over either myself or my Mom. You also wouldn’t be forcing either of us to do something that we didn’t want to happen.”

There was a look of surprise in Granddad’s eyes, and Uncle Robert had a similar expression as they exchanged glances, which he finished with a barely perceptible nod to his Dad.

“Well, it seems that you have given this some serious thought Katie,” Granddad continued, “is this just your idea, “ and turning to Mom he added, “or have you both been talking it over?”

While Mom had let me do most of the talking so far, she now joined in again, “Yes Dad, we often discuss our feelings for each other, and for you and Robert as well, particularly since Katie and I have become much closer. The problem of people’s attitude towards family love, which they call incest, is something we are both very aware of, so we are careful how we behave, and no-one is any the wiser.”

“It’s all right for you girls to touch and kiss, since females are touchy feely anyway,” Granddad said, “but there is no-way that I could give either of you anything more than a very basic touch to your arm or cheek.”

I could see Mom pick up on his comment, but before I could try and draw him out further, she asked exactly what I was going to, “But would you want to touch me somewhere else, somewhere softer, more personal perhaps, if you knew that I’d welcome it, rather than take offence. If we were in a quiet, private place, with the drapes closed. If no-one that knew about it would make any sort of complaint, but would support you wholeheartedly. What then Dad, would you enjoy that intimate touch.”

Granddad tried several times to say something, “But…”, “I know…”, “What if…”, finally he settled for, “Shelly, how could I ever be sure that I wouldn’t destroy my daughter’s love for her father, with such a betrayal of trust. I couldn’t stand that sort of loss, so it’s not worth taking the risk.”

“Dad, you told us that we could ask you anything we wanted, with no restrictions, and that works both ways, so if you want to be sure of my reactions before you do something, feel free to ask me. I promise there will be no ill feelings on my part, whatever you may request, though I may say no. Please be quite sure, Dad, that I have always trusted you to do what is best for me, and I will always have that trust in you. So what would you like to know?”

“My lovely princess,” Grandad asked, looking at my Mom, holding both her hands in his, “I would really enjoy intimately touching your beautiful body, would you be agreeable to such a thing?”

I could see a shiver on Mom’s shoulders, and hear a tremor in her voice as she answered quietly, “Your loving touch, anywhere you may choose, would bring me the greatest pleasure.”

Her head was slightly bowed, but her eyes had remained locked with Grandad’s the whole time, and he now drew her slowly closer, wrapping her in a shared embrace, as they both cried on each other’s shoulder. After several moments, they eased back and kissed, but not their usual father/daughter quick peck on the lips, this kiss was held for much longer, as if they were both savoring the change in their relationship.

Granddad stood back, still holding Mom’s hands, “Thank you my little treasure,” he said, “you are truly the most wonderful person I have ever known, and I’m deeply sorry for all the hurt that I’ve caused you.”

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment